Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Comment about the show at the Waverly Free Library

I just saw selections from "An Intimate View" in Waverly. Love the storefronts displaying such an eclectic collection of weathered wares. The objects reveal so much about "place." And, of course, the reflections provide much content - the photograph with the gumball machine even offers an intimate view of the artist herself! It's a bit startling to suddenly recognize the, yes, intimate activity of the artist in such a literal way in the piece itself! Good rich stuff! I liked your writing as well. Oh, and the dolls - My initial thought was that they were in the window of "Four Seasons" the ceramic shop fronting the adult book store, but when I drove up through, I didn't see them there. But wait........don't tell me........!

No comments:

Post a Comment