Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Schuyler Hospital Installation Photos

While setting up my photographs, I met a family from Beaver Dams in the emergency room area. Their son/grandson had strep throat that needed to be treated. The young ones were curious and started asking questions, however, they didn't want to be recorded or photographed. Mom did ask me to photograph her with her youngest son, which I did. Here are some of their comments:

Young man with strep throat: "What is that photograph made of? Is it on glass?" His throat hurt him and he didn't really care to talk, but he was interested in the process.

Grandfather: "That is what cellphones are for." He pulled his cellphone out to show me a photo of beautiful sunset that he had taken. My photo of the Chemung River reminded him of the Adirondacks, though "the rocks are more like big boulders in the Adirondacks." An upcoming fishing expedition came to mind, and they enthusiastically described a camping trip to the north country.



The glacier that crept across this part of New York State during the Ice Age left some wonderful small lakes, like Cayuta Lake in Alpine. The day I photographed, I found many people launching their boats to enjoy a day on the water. I was more intrigued by the plantlife floating on and under the surface of the water. So many colors and shapes that shifted, depending on how I stood in relation to the sun shining on the water!




The image above is of the Chemung River in Steuben County and is the only print at Schuyler Hospital that is NOT of a place in Schuyler County. I lived many years in Schuyler County and am most enamored of all the bodies of water there, from Seneca Lake to Havanna Glen, to Cayuta "Little" Lake. The photograph below was taken at the intersection of Routes 226 and 23 in Tyrone.

No comments:

Post a Comment